CMC’s Board Committees are the heart and soul of our organization. Our committees are where the real work gets done and our volunteers shine. We invite your select your area of interest and sign up to volunteer on a CMC committee today!
– Foundation and corporate fund raising, including networking, proposal writing, follow up, and reporting.
– Individual fundraising
– Recruitment of new society members
– Follow up on non-renewing members
– Development of ownership-perception within the membership: Organizing social functions (e.g., post-concert parties), including the Annual Meeting
Education and Outreach
– Hosts outreach/education events with selected chamber groups presenting Chamber Music Columbus’ concerts
– Collaborate with Program Committee to factor outreach into artist negotiations
– Contacts and liaisons with other arts promoters to foster collaborative events
– Identify and contact organizations to co-host activities, including colleges and universities, public schools, and community groups
– Bookkeeping and financial reporting
– Box office management
– Long range financial planning
– Cash management and investments
– Locate the best music offerings
– Select artists and programs
– Plan and schedule the season
– Collaborate with Education and Outreach Committee to plan outreach events
– Negotiate and execute the contracts with the performers
– Negotiate and execute the contracts with the venues
– Conduct concert operations
– Develop and distribute printed marketing materials, season brochures, newsletters, bookmarks, etc.
– Coordinate media coverage including the preparation and distribution of News Releases
– Prepare and place paid and unpaid concert advertisements
– Prepare (in cooperation with the Program Committee) and produce the program notes and booklets for each concert.
– Solicit advertisements for the program booklets
– Develop and maintain the Chamber Music Columbus web site
– Database development and management
– Subscription sales